Are your students bouncing off the walls? (How’s your sanity doing? You’re almost at the end!)
Keeping your students focused at this time of year can be tough. Some students go on holiday early. Other students have mentally checked out.
So, now is the perfect time to check out this Character Building Unit – get ready for 2023!
- Students do a survey to see if they have a Growth Mindset or a Fixed Mindset
- Then, they explicitly learn strategies to keep going when the going gets tough.
- Finally, they get to actually try to shift into a Growth Mindset… as they get frustrated doing Sudoku puzzles.
Why is now the perfect time to use this Social-Emotional Learning Skills resource?
- Because it’s low prep. The work is already done for you. You just need to tweak it for your specific classroom needs and teaching style.
- If half of your class is absent, it’s not the end of the world. (It’s not like you’re starting new curriculum that you will have to re-teach in January.)
- The Character Education Lesson Plans (PDF) are a lifelong tool. So you can use them again in the New Year (January 2023), or at the start of next term, next school year, or next whatever.
Good luck counting down the days to Winter Break! Cheers, Mike