Explore the 6Cs of Education
and 21st Century Learning
Do we have the same teaching style?
Click here to find out.
I want to help my students survive and thrive
Let’s prepare our students for the unknown!
Let’s empower a growth mindset.
Let’s be honest.
School can be tough.
Not everyone gets everything,
all of the time.
And, that’s okay.
In fact, that’s great!
It’s through struggle and failure that we develop the opportunity to cultivate a growth mindset and develop grit, tenacity, and perseverance.
School can be a great opportunity for teachers to “deliver the curriculum.”
But, it’s also a great opportunity for us to build character and to develop 21st century learning skills in our students.
90 lessons to help you empower a growth mindset in your students.
Here’s a way to explore the 6 Cs of Education with your students.
The best part is you can customize these lessons to fit your classroom needs and teaching style.
Watch the video:
My name is Mike Fuchigami
I’m the teacher behind Educircles.
My goal is to save you hours of prep
so you can empower your students to make the world a better place.
FREE Chat GPT critical thinking video lesson / debate
ChatGPT has changed the game. Completely.
It is, hands down, the world’s best learning tool and cheating tool.
- Here’s a free one-hour video lesson (short version) to help teachers discuss the pros and cons of ChatGPT in the classroom.
- The long version is three-hours and explains to students how to fill out the worksheets.)
- By the way, as a special thank you to the Educircles community, you can get the optional worksheets for only $1.00 (until Monday May 8, 2023)
Want to find out more? Read this post about ChatGPT and critical thinking!Educircles.orgAverage rating: 0 reviews
Teachers around the world have DOWNLOADED over 78,984 Educircles resources!
(Check out the interactive map – it shows you the cities where teachers have purchased an Educircles resource!)
✅ Save hours of prep (and MONEY) with the bundle!
Why am I so passionate about 21st Century Learning? Because it helped save my life. (▶️ video)
Proud to support teachers around the world!
Here’s where teachers are buying Educircles Resources:
🇺🇸 United States
🇳🇿 New Zealand
United Arab Emirates
Korea, Republic of
Here’s what teachers are saying
I just finished this unit in my study skills class with my special education class and everyone loved it. Super fun and interesting activities, the videos were engaging and relevant and it covers each topic so well. I really like the structure of the units because they were all set up the same and I feel like my students thrive on that kind of structure: activities, videos, vocab, repeat. Great curriculum, would highly recommend 🙂Savanna M.
June 2, 2021
GROWTH MINDSET BUNDLE
Absolutely AMAZING!! Wow! This bundle is one of the BEST purchases I’ve ever made. The organization is outstanding, the lessons are easy to implement, the quality is top-notch, and everything is teacher and student-friendly. While some may want to use these lessons to supplement their curriculum, I’m thinking how I can use my curriculum to supplement these lessons!! This is just awesome. I cannot thank you enough for all your hard work and support. You are appreciated!! 🙂
P.S. I had a few questions about this bundle….the quick and thorough response I received from this seller was so helpful. I highly recommend!! 🙂 Thanks again!Tara Brown
December 1, 2020
GROWTH MINDSET BUNDLE
I love these presentations and the activities to keep students engaged. I’m using this with both in-person and online students. Super easy to assign work online due to the way the resources are organized. The class I am using this with is a “current events” class but I wanted to first focus on how to think critically before jumping into actual events happening in the world. This is a fantastic way to get them thinking before learning all about our media and how to analyze the content they read.Britni D.
January 20, 2021
This is an exceptional high quality resource that is worth more than it is, once I opened this product I was so impressed with the professionalism and dedication that was put into creating a high quality informational unit that is based on reliable sources throughout the entire package! I am very pleased with this purchase as my scholars are too, for they are the ones that receive this credible, reliable, and highly beneficial learning information that gracefully supports students through the learning process with rigorous content, that allows deeper learning opportunities for those that need that deeper level concepts for true engagement into their learning experiences! Highly recommend this phenomenal resource.Deanna S.
October 1, 2020
Classroom Citizenship Debates
This was a wonderful supplemental resource to teach the Deep Learning Competencies. It was a great visual for students and helped me narrow our lesson’s focus.Nicole S.
August 7, 2019
Classroom Citizenship Debates
Here’s what teachers are using:
Growth Mindset 6Cs Mega Bundle
- Chapter 1: Character : 8 lessons
- Chapter 2: Citizenship: 8 lessons
- Chapter 3: Collaboration: 8 lessons
- Chapter 4: Communication: 12 lessons
- Chapter 5: Creativity and Innovation: 14 lessons
- Chapter 6: Critical Thinking: 24 lessons
- Chapter 7: 6Cs Group Challenge: 16 lessons
Reading Comprehension Articles
(differentiated learning – each written at 3 different grade levels)
- Axe body spray stops bus (critical thinking)
- Business owner pays it forward (citizenship)
- Pork poast cooked in car (creativity)
- Airplane wheel falls off (character)
- Rosa Parks – Quiet courage (assertive communication)
- Building Bridges between police and youth(citizenship)
- California Surfer breaks stereotypes (character)
- First Black leader of a federal party in Canada (collaboration)
- Systemic discrimination? Service dog not allowed in class (critical thinking)
Goal Setting Bundle – Advisory / Homeroom activities
Here’s the game plan at Educircles:
Create EPIC RESOURCES
that empower students with a growth mindset
that SAVE TEACHERS TIME
so you can focus on everything else
and help make a BETTER WORLD
where we stand up for ourselves and each other.
Happy New Year 2023!
Wishing you and your people a great winter break and a fantastic new year.
By the way, if your Middle School and High School students are tired of making new year’s resolutions in January, check out this free “anti-motivational” motivational letter.
The brainstorming handouts work with upper elementary students, but the motivational anti-motivational letter is probably better for Grades 7 and up. After all, it does tell them they’re going to be average.
How creative are you?
If you’re like most people, you think you’re either creative… or you’re not. And that’s just the way it is.
- I’m not good at art; I’m no good at drawing
- I love being creative; I love expressing myself!
Apparently, creativity is something we can become better at.
So, how do we nurture creativity in our students, if we ourselves aren’t sure how to teach it? Or, better yet, how to evaluate it?
Great question. Here are 14 creativity lessons for elementary, middle school, and high school students to get ready for 2023.
(By the way, when you figure out something, you’re create-ing a solution to a problem. That’s creativity. Connecting ideas together in ways you haven’t thought of before…)
‘Tis the Season to be an Active Citizen!
We’re almost at the end of the calendar year. Things are winding up (at the same time that they’re winding down.)
Need something meaningful to fill a period or two? Check out these 17 classroom debates.
The slideshow lesson explains how to communicate clearly and fairly. The debate questions start off easy but build up to issues of fairness and equity.
Now is the season of giving. But, it’s also a great time to reflect on how we participate in our classroom and our communities:
How many sleeps until the Holiday Break?
Are your students bouncing off the walls? (How’s your sanity doing? You’re almost at the end!)
Keeping your students focused at this time of year can be tough. Some students go on holiday early. Other students have mentally checked out.
So, now is the perfect time to check out this Character Building Unit – get ready for 2023!
- Students do a survey to see if they have a Growth Mindset or a Fixed Mindset
- Then, they explicitly learn strategies to keep going when the going gets tough.
- Finally, they get to actually try to shift into a Growth Mindset… as they get frustrated doing Sudoku puzzles.
Why is now the perfect time to use this Social-Emotional Learning Skills resource?
- Because it’s low prep. The work is already done for you. You just need to tweak it for your specific classroom needs and teaching style.
- If half of your class is absent, it’s not the end of the world. (It’s not like you’re starting new curriculum that you will have to re-teach in January.)
- The Character Education Lesson Plans (PDF) are a lifelong tool. So you can use them again in the New Year (January 2023), or at the start of next term, next school year, or next whatever.
Good luck counting down the days to Winter Break! Cheers, Mike
If you can honestly answer YES to these TWO questions…
then you will absolutely love the kind of teaching resources I make.
Here are the two questions.
⭐ It’s time for the “What’s the Point of School” SALE!
(I think the rest of TPT calls this the Cyber Sale. Same same, but different.)
- The point of school is NOT to learn. Will your students agree or disagree? CLICK HERE to check out the slideshow lesson, handout, and video.
- Everything in the Educircles TPT store is 20% off.
- Use promo code CYBER22 at the checkout to save an extra 5%.
- The two-day sale starts this Monday, November 28th at 12:01am ET and runs through Tuesday, November 29th at 11:59pm ET.
⭐ EVERYTHING BUNDLE – LOWEST PRICE ALERT:
- If you agree with what I say in this video at 2:09
- and you agree with my philosophy about EFFORT in this video at 15:52
- then you will LOVE the Educircles Everything Bundle.
November is National American Indian Heritage Month
Need some resources to help amplify the “significant contributions the first Americans made to the establish and growth of the U.S.”? Check out this website hosted by The Library of Congress.
Need help explaining to your students why we need to amplify the voices of Aboriginal, Indigenous, and First Peoples? Use this free Who is Invisible critical thinking lesson.
Educircles Freebie #7 – Check your Inbox!
Hey teachers, I just sent out a free Critical Thinking article about online shopping. Perfect for Black Friday and the holiday shopping season.
If you’re part of the Educircles Club newsletter, check your inbox.
(Here’s what the email looks like: Critical Thinking, Online Shopping, and Black Friday!)
Good luck with Parent Teacher Interviews.
Good luck to those of you who get quality one-on-one time with the parental units!
Where did the weekend go?
I’m rebooting my daily updates on the Educircles website.
Well, recently I started a YouTube channel for the TPT Seller community. I post videos to help teachers use Strategies, Effort, Optimization, and Tinkering to become teacherpreneurs.
(I believe that entrepreneurial adventure is a fantastic, authentic 21st-century learning task. If teachers can figure out how to be successful with a side gig or side hustle, they will naturally learn lessons in grit, tenacity, and resistance.
As teachers, we teach what we know. So, if we have first-hand experience figuring out how to succeed in an open-ended real-world task, those teachable moments will naturally show up in our lessons to students.
If you want to learn more about how I’m helping the Teacher Seller community, check out https://youtube.com/@SEOTpreneur
You are not alone.
Week of Sun, May 1, 2022 update: May is Mental Health Awareness time!
Teaching can be a tough gig, especially now.
We do everything for our students, our families, and our work because our job is important and we make a difference.
We don’t really share stories about our own mental health successes and challenges. Fake it til you make it.
- A first-year teacher is expected to do the same job as a veteran teacher.
- Imposter syndrome is real.
- Gaslighting of teachers is a thing.
Sometimes, we feel very alone.(more…)
If you purchased an Educircles product between January to March 2022, thank you!
I just donated $992.54 to Student Mental Health organizations.
- Your honest reviews help me to improve my products to help more teachers.
- 10% of your purchase helps students going through a tough time.
- Here’s why I do what I do.
⭐⭐⭐ Teachers around the world have DOWNLOADED over 58,782 Educircles resources!
- Check out where teachers have bought my resources (map.)
- THANK YOU to everyone who has purchased an Educircles product.
- With your help, Educircles has DONATED $9,344.68 to STUDENT MENTAL HEALTH organizations!
Passover, Easter, Bunny, Long Weekend
Chag Pesach Sameach if you are celebrating Passover.
God Bless if you are observing Easter.
Happy Easter if the Bunny is visiting your household.
And, Happy Long Weekend if you have one!
Are you already counting down to the end of the year?
Is it time to give your students a pep talk to keep your sanity?
What do your students need to work on the most?
PRICE DROP! Asking Questions Reading Bundle $9.95
- 5 articles + 1 strategy + 1 bonus
PRICE DROP! Making Connections Reading Bundle $9.95
- 4 articles + 1 strategy
Note: If you paid over $10 (i.e. $11) for either of these resources, please email me at [email protected] and I will send you a $5 TpT gift card.
See product description for info.
(I also sent this message privately to people who purchased those individual products.)
It’s snowing up here in Ottawa right now.
I hope it’s warm and sunny wherever you are!
Ramadan Mubarak (to the teachers and students who are observing Ramadan this month!) May your heart be filled with peace, harmony, and joy.
Educircles Survey – March 2022 edition – Winners
Answer 3 easy questions to enter a random draw for a $10 TpT gift card. Terms and Conditions apply. See details on the contest form.
ODDS of WINNING as determined when the survey closed:
- 5 people won.
- 7 people entered.
- If you entered, you had a 71.4% chance of winning (5 out of 7)
- (If there’s a problem with my math, please email [email protected])
Educircles Community Survey v2022-03-31
Questions sent to the Educircles Newsletter and posted on Facebook
$50 in TpT gift cards
- Lynn (Niagara Falls, Canada)
- Vanessa (Guelph, Canada)
- Alexis (Orangeville, Canada)
- Dianne (Horseheads, United States)
- Jason (Strathroy, Canada)
Wait… where did March go?!?
I was going to say Happy Spring… and then I realized, it’s almost April Fool’s Day…
What happened to March?!